You can relish this wonderful thick mushroom soup from late summer till autumn. Of course you can use frozen mushroom at any other season. Anyhow, while making fresh mushroom soup, I end up adding a few dried mushrooms to enhance the mushroom flavour. Use a lot of soup-greens and the soup will be full of veggies and simply yummy.
To tell you a secret, I first fry mushrooms with onion on butter, ah what a delectable smell emanates from it and drifts around the house! I love mushroom soup made out of bay bolete, sticky buns, boletus and birch bolete in your favourite amount. If you don’t have too many varieties of mushrooms, you can exceptionally add champignons. Today I have made my mushroom soup with 600 g of bay boletes.
Mushroom soup ingredients
bunch of veggies: carrots, celery, root parsley, leek, and a piece of celeriac
2 big onions
600 gram of mushrooms – of course the more the better
few dried mushrooms – soak them in water and use this water later on
3 medium potatoes
sour cream 18%
bay leaf, pimento, salt and pepper
1 tablespoon of butter to fry mushrooms and onions
alternatively a bit of Vegeta seasoning or broth stock for all those who love monosodium glutamate ( I must admit I like a bit of synthetic umami in a soup)
few drops of lemon juice
Mushroom soup preparation method
- Clean the mushrooms, gently take of the sand and the rest of its forest remains. Chop them into even pieces.
- Pour 2 l of water onto a bunch of veggies and cook together with a bay leaf and pimento until veggies are soft.
- Thinly slice the onion, and using butter fry it until it is soft and golden.
- Then add mushrooms and fry for about 10 minutes until the flavours mix altogether – please remember not to overdo with constant mixing; the structure of mushrooms can be easily destroyed. Season all of it with a goo amount of salt and pepper.
- Slice the veggies – I only use carrots, root parsley and a bit of celery.
- Dice potatoes into a medium size cubes and add to a broth.
- Soaked mushrooms together with its water pour into the soup-greens.
- Add earlier fried mushrooms and onions and cook on a low heat. Season with salt and pepper, stock cube, alternatively Vegeta or mushroom stock cube.
- When the soup is ready, take it away from gas and thicken it with 18% fat sour creme and add a bit of lemon juice for enliven the aromas.
- Sprinkle the soup with parsley leaves and let’s eat it heartily admiring these year’s gifts of forest.
The recipe is for a soup made out of any edible mushrooms!